Saturday, October 30, 2010
It is so easy to fall into negativity and cynical thinking patterns when we get caught up in the stresses of life. Since the first Chicken Soup for the Soul book was published, they have been inspiring people and helping individuals deal with everyday stressors and life changing events through heart-warming and sometimes humorous true stories. I am a big fan of the series and was very excited to have the opportunity to review the newest title, Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive.
Charles Swindoll once brilliantly said, "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it". That quote is incredibly powerful and if you believe that it has some validity, then you can appreciate how important it is to control your thinking processes in order to see the glass as half full, even in the most trying of situations. This book is a great way to start down the road of positive thinking. Like the other Chicken Soup for the Soul titles, the book features short stories written by real people. While each story is very different than the one before, they all have the common message: Think positive and you will enjoy life much more than you are now. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would feel a bit more content with my life each time I read a story. The book can be read all at once, or you can take your time with it. I would recommend starting each day and ending each day by reading one of the stories that way you can begin and end your day on a positive note.
Buy it here: You can purchase Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive wherever books are sold for $14.95. It is also available on Amazon for $10.17!
Win it here: One lucky Cake Mom reader is going to win Chicken Soup for the Soul: Positive Thinking!
**Please read the rules**
This giveaway is open to US Residents. You must complete the mandatory entry before completing optional entries. Each optional entry needs to be added as a separate comment. Comments that do not follow the rules will not count and will be deleted. PLEASE LEAVE ME YOUR EMAIL IN THE COMMENT!
Mandatory Entry: Tell me: have you ever read a Chicken Soup for the Soul book before?
Optional entries: Leave an additional comment for each entry. For example, if you blog about this contest, leave 3 separate comments!
1. Follow my blog (publicly)
2. Subscribe to my blog via email and confirm the subscription
3. Grab my button and post a link to your blog
4. Blog about this contest (with a link to my blog) and post a link to your blog (3 entries)
5. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about this contest (can be done daily). You must place a link to your tweet.
6. Enter another one of my contests. Enter as many as you like, but this method is only worth 1 entry regardless of how many you enter
7. Purchase another Chicken Soup for the Soul book from Amazon using this link to enter Amazon (you can purchase whichever book you desire once clicking on the link) and receive 10 EXTRA entries!!
The winner will be selected on 11/9 via random.org and will be emailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond.
I was provided with the above mentioned product for the purpose of facilitating this review. No other compensation was received and the views expressed here are my own.
Congrats Anonymous. You have been emailed.
Posted by Jamie Z at 8:35 PM