Tortuga Rum Cakes, LTD. is a family owned business that offers not only an assortment of cakes, but also a wide range of Caribbean sauces, flavored coffee, chocolate treats, gifts and collectibles, and as well as Tortuga Rum. Best known for their rum cakes, they offer them in three different sizes and nine flavors!
I was given the opportunity to review two 4oz cakes, one golden original and one coconut. The Original Golden is their most popular cake and the Coconut Rum Cake has shredded coconut to help enhance the Caribbean flavor. The cakes come individually packaged in their own little box. They are wrapped again inside the box to help preserve freshness. I was amazed at how moist and fresh these cakes tasted. I would not have thought room temperature kept cakes could stay so fresh! Both the original and coconut versions were absolutely delectable. They can be eaten alone, but I enjoyed them with a small dollop of ice cream as well. The 4 oz cakes easily sliced into 4 slices and I found that one slice at a time was all I needed to satisfy my sweet tooth. The rum flavor was detectable, but only enhanced the delicious flavor of these cakes. These are the perfect after-dinner treat and are delicious with some fresh brewed coffee.
Some hints for customizing a Tortuga Run Cake (from the company)
- Mix strawberries, raspberries and blueberries and serve with your favorite flavor of Tortuga Rum Cake
- Decorate with icing or whipped cream flowers and rosettes. Add seasonal candy sprinkles or chocolate curls.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on a slice of Original Golden, raspberry sauce on Chocolate Rum Cake, or cream cheese icing on Cinnamon Raisin Rum Cake
- Heat a slice - just 3 seconds in the microwave - and top with your favorite ice cream
- Cut cake into spears to dip in chocolate fondue
Buy it here: You can buy Tortuga Rum Cakes from their Amazon and from their website.
P.S. Next month, I am going to decorate a large rum cake and there will be a giveaway for my readers!!
I was provided with the above mentioned products for the purpose of facilitating this review. No other compensation was received and the views expressed here are my own.