Monday, November 15, 2010
RandomLine is the creator of SQUIGGLE, a line of products aimed to encourage creativity in both children and adults. The concept of the game is very simple. You are given a a random line that may be wiggly, wavy, or just plan wacky. You then spin a dial and are challenged with creating, out of the squiggle, the item you landed on.
When I was a teenager, my best friend and I used to play a game like this (minus the spinner) to help pass time through really boring classes (oops, did I say that?). So, I was really excited to try these games out with my kids. My son was not as excited as my daughter who loves to draw so she and I sat down for over an hour playing the SQUIGGLE Ocean On-The-Go pad we were sent to review. The spinner is full of ocean creatures, and since my children love aquatic themes, I thought they would really enjoy this, and my daughter and I did.
My daughter is really artistic, so it was really fun to see her use her imagination to make the random line turn into a sea animal. The octopus seen in the pictures below was created by her (5 yo) without assistance! The game is tailored for children 4 and up. The only concern I had about the game was that some of the items were hard to explain and I would have liked to see more examples of the more rare animals on the package. For example, my daughter would land on manatee and without a picture to reference, she had no idea what to draw. The pad was very thick so you are sure to get a lot of quality time with your children playing this game. The SQUIGGLE Oceans On-The-Go set retails for just $4.99. You can find out more by viewing one of the demos located next to the buy buttons on each page of RandomLine.com.
Buy it Here: You can purchase SQUIGGLE products through the RandomLine website, from Amazon, and at numerous retail locations.
Win it Here: One lucky Cake Mom reader is going to receive the SQUIGGLE Oceans On-The-Go pad!!
**Please read the rules**
This is open to US residents only. You must complete the mandatory entry before completing optional entries. Each optional entry needs to be added as a separate comment. Comments that do not follow the rules will not count and will be deleted. PLEASE LEAVE ME YOUR EMAIL IN THE COMMENT unless your email is visible in your public profile!
Mandatory Entry: Follow RandomLine on Twitter.
Optional entries: Leave an additional comment for each entry. For example, if you blog about this contest, leave 3 separate comments!
1. Follow my blog (publicly)
2. Subscribe to my blog via email and confirm the subscription
3. Grab my button and post a link to your blog
4. Blog about this contest (with a link to my blog) and post a link to your blog (3 entries)
5. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this contest (can be done daily). You must place a link to your tweet.
6. Enter another one of my contests. Enter as many as you like, but this method is only worth 1 entry regardless of how many you enter
7. Like Randomline on Facebook.
8. Post the link to this contest on your Facebook page.
9. Buy a Randomline product from Amazon (using this link to enter Amazon) between now and the end of this contest and receive 10 EXTRA entries!!
The winner will be selected on 11/25 via random.org and will be emailed. The winner will have 48 hours to respond.
I was provide with the mentioned product. The views expressed here are my own. No other compensation was received.
Congrats to Mom2anutball! You have been emailed!
Posted by Jamie Z at 6:18 PM