Roba Dolce, which means “sweet stuff,” uses family recipes that have been passed down f or generations to create gelatos & sorbettos with an authentic Italian taste. The company uses fresh ingredients with an old world artisanal approach to create a gourmet taste that is like nothing I am used to!
Their delicious gelatos are available in the following yummy flavors:
Raspberry almond fudge, coconut, dark chocolate chunk, wild berry, & pistachio. The sorbettos come in the following flavors: lemon, mango, raspberry & blood orange.
My family and I were lucky enough to have the opportunity to sample a large assortment of the Roba Dolce gelatos and sorbettos. I had not eaten gelato before, so I was a little surprised by how creamy these were. I thought ice cream was creamy, but it has nothing on these! The raspberry almond fudge was my favorite. The fudge chunks were definitely made from high quality chocolate and every time I bit into one mixed with the fresh raspberry gelato surrounding it, I felt like I was tasting a little bit of paradise. My son discovered he has a love of coconut now thanks to the gelato he has favorited and my hubby found the pistachio to have a fun flavor.
The sorbettos had very bold yet fresh flavors. My daughter loved the lemon flavored the most and I found the mango to be really delicious. A few of the flavors came in individual sized cups which my kids just loved. I don't think they will find regular old ice cream nearly as appetizing after tasting these delicious products!
Roba Dolce also has recipes that you can use to help create some unique treats at your holiday parties this year. While my family did not leave me enough to actually try a recipe, I would love to try these some time:
Chocolate Chunk Gelato Bites with Chocolate and Hazelnuts
·1 pint Roba Dolce Chocolate Chunk gelato
· 1 (12-ounce) bag (about 2 cups)
· 1 cup finely chopped toasted hazelnuts (about 5 ounces)
1. Special equipment: bite-sized ice cream scoop and wooden popsticks.
2. Place a small tray or a plate in the freezer. Remove the Roba Dolce gelato from the freezer to soften, about 5 minutes. Remove the chilled tray from the freezer. Scoop out 16 bite-sized balls of Roba Dolce gelato and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour. Remove from the freezer and quickly insert a wooden popstick into each Roba Dolce gelato ball. Return them to the freezer for at least 1 hour.
3. When the Roba Dolce gelato balls have frozen with their sticks in place, place the chocolate in a double-boiler over very gently simmering water until melted. Next to the pot of chocolate, place the toasted, chopped hazelnuts in a shallow bowl.
4. Remove the Roba Dolce gelato balls from the freezer, 4 at a time. Working quickly, hold the Roba Dolce gelato ball by the stick and dip into the melted chocolate, then dredge it in the hazelnuts.
5. Return them to the freezer and continue with 4 more Roba Dolce gelato balls, until all the gelato balls are covered in chocolate and nuts. Freeze the chocolate-and-nut-covered Roba Dolce gelato for at least 1 hour.
Or, how about a delicious drink!
Roba Dolce Rudolph Gelato Cooler
- 2 cups Roba Dolce Deep Dark Chocolate Chunk Gelato
- 1/2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (recommended: Kahlua), or coffee
- 4 cups crushed ice
- 1/4 cup chopped chocolate-covered coffee beans, plus more for garnish, optional
- 1 jar cherries
Directions: Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into glasses, sprinkle with chocolate covered coffee beans, and top with a (for Rudolph’s nose) and serve with a straw!
Buy it here: Roba Dolce products can be found in select retail location or also ordered online.
I was provided with the above mentioned products for the purpose of facilitating this review. No other compensation was received and the views expressed here are my own.