Next year, both of my children will be in school uniforms. Yippee! This year my daughter, who just so happens to be the "stain queen" gets to wear regular clothes to school. I will be honest, I love to dress her up. However, clothes, particularly those that stain after 1-2 wears, are expensive! As much as I would love to shop for her clothes at the mall, it is just not worth it. T.J. Maxx and Marshalls are great alternatives. They sell brand name clothes at reasonable prices. Now you kids can look good and you will feel good about the prices.
About T.J. Maxx & Marshalls
Both stores offer high-quality apparel for kids, teens, and adults. The fashions are from this season and they are what you can typically find at the mall, only their prices are 20-60% lower! The buyers for the stores are fashion experts and they make their purchasing decisions based on current fashion trends. The stores receive over 10,000 new items every week which means you could shop there several times a month and still find new, great stuff.
Mom Central Consulting & T.J. Maxx Survey
T.J. Maxx/Marshalls teamed with Mom Central Consulting to conduct an online survey in August, 201. The purpose was to identify back-to-school shopping habits. Nearly 1,000 moms with at least one child in school took the survey.
- 60% of moms do most of their back-to-school shopping a few weeks in advance (though 25% admitted to being last minute shoppers
- Almost 50% of moms shop at 2-3 stores
- 33% of moms prefer to shop at "one-stop" stores rather than specialty stores
- 81% of moms said that the rising costs of living negatively affect their family's back-to-school budget
- Moms named the following ways they compromise with their kids to get their what they want for back-to-school fashion and what the parents can afford: compromising, spreading out purchases, budgeting, teaching wants versus needs of the family
- 75% of moms only sometimes agree with their child's fashion sense
- 81% of families will be using a backpack
- 84% say sneakers are the most important type of back-to-school shoe
My T.J. Maxx Experience
|The jacket had a retail price of $42+ and sold for only $24.99!|
Enter to win! Click on the badge below and enter to win a $100 gift card!
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of T.J.Maxx and Marshalls and received a gift card to facilitate my review and thank me for taking the time to participate.