For the past 2 months my children have been taking turns preparing dinner and creating a dessert on Sundays. My kids enjoy looking through recipe books and talk about their dinner for a few days before they make it and love calling all of their relatives to tell them how it worked out. Find our more about the Kids Can Cook Too Challenge and how you can participate (and get extra entries in my giveaways!)
Since Easter was on a Sunday, Bella chose to cook on Saturday instead!
Bella's Easter Eve Meal
Since I was pretty busy getting ready for Easter, we used some good old Bisquick rather than making these from scratch. After mixing the Bisquick mix up, Bella cut up bananas and added it to the batter before cooking.
Dessert: Easter Egg Candies (from Taste of Home)
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Colored sprinkles, colored sugar and/or jimmies
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chips at 50% power. Add the cream cheese, water and vanilla; stir until blended. Chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Quickly shape into 1-1/4-in. eggs. Roll in sprinkles, colored sugar or jimmies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: About 4 dozen (1-1/2 pounds)
I really loved the pancakes, but my family was a bit split on whether they liked them or not. My son ate 3 and said he liked them, just not as much as regular pancakes. Bella and I liked them a lot and my husband was not a fan.
The Easter Egg candies were super sweet and we realized later that they probably should have been a lot smaller than what she made. Nonetheless, they were really adorable and she did a great job decorating them. Plus, they really helped get the whole family excited for Easter tomorrow!!
If you join the challenge, email me at email@example.com and you can be featured right here on Cake Mom. Send me your recipe, how the experiment went, and a picture of the finished meal/dessert (with or without your family photographed)! Every month you submit your experience, you will get 5 extra entries in most giveaways throughout the entire month.