Saturday, July 21, 2012

Back to School with Lice Shield - Review


I thought it would never happen to my children...but it did. My daughter got a horrible case of head lice from school last year. All of my beliefs about head lice were wrong, to include that they happen to children who don't wash their hair enough. Truth is, they actually prefer clean hair and no one is safe! However, there are products available that can lower you and your child's chances of getting lice. Lice Shield is a line of hair care products that help repel lice while cleansing and conditioning hair. The line is a safe way to protect your children and family during the risky period of lice infestation at school or summer camp.

Free of harmful pesticides, Lice Shield has been specially formulated with a blend of essential oils (including citronella, eucalyptus, and rosemary) that have been scientifically demonstrated to help repel lice, providing over 80% repellency. Lice Shield Shampoo & Conditioner in 1 is gentle enough for daily use and contains extra conditioner for a tangle-free formula.Lice Shield Leave-In Spray uses light detanglers to aid in hair combing and can be used on wet or dry hair, as well as on hats, helmets, and winter gear.

Review:Obviously being the middle of summer with no evidence of lice problems in our neighborhood, I am unable to attest to the effectiveness of the product. After our experience with lice last year I was able to successfully remove and prevent lice with coconut oil. However, my daughter's hair looked so greasy and it was a bit embarrassing sending her to school like that (but a large part of me did not care because I did not want to have to go through the removal process again). These products, on the other hand are not visible detectable on the hair.

The spray worked really well as a detangler and began to smooth my daughter's bed-head hair within seconds. The shampoo and conditioner did a great job of washing her hair and rinsed out nicely. Her hair felt very soft and was shiny after use so there are truly no downsides to washing with it! I will admit that I am not a huge fan of the smell which has a very potent citronella odor. However, I will take the scent over a lice outbreak and it certainly will not stop me from using the products!

Buy it here: Lice Shield products retails for about $8.99 each and are widely available at food, drug, and mass outlets where you usually shop for your kids' hair care products. It is also available on Amazon.

I was provided with the above mentioned samples for the purpose of facilitating this review. No other compensation was received and the views expressed here are my own.

No comments: