Some of What's New and My Thoughts:
- Integrated social media - Let's face it, companies need to be involved in at least Facebook to survive. HSN is now on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Youtube! By following their social media you can now easily see some of their great products and learn about special offers and discounts.
- Simplified user interface - I could see by some of the comments left by customers on their social media pages that not everyone is thrilled with the change. No surprise since people do not handle change very well. Although I was not familiar with the previous HSN.com format, I can say that I found the site very easy to use. It was simple to browse for different items and I liked that I could simple point my mouse at certain links and get to preview it without clicking. This was true of "Today's Special", "Items Recently Aired", "HSN TV", and more. Not having to click can save a lot of time, especially if you have a slow internet speed.
- More Intuitive Site Navigation - There is nothing that irritates me more than a website that does not follow normal rules of human behavior...aka intuition. I am not sure what the issue was before the design, but I was very easily able to navigate through the website with no issues at all. I found everything I needed exactly where I thought it should be.
- The 20 - "The 20" is a list of 20 curated products on the site from which customers and fans can vote for their favorite item. At midnight, HSN will tally the votes and those who voted for the winning product will be entitled to a discount on their purchase of that product. It is a great idea but the concept was lost in execution. I could not find an easy to way to this list from the homepage so I would definitely recommend the company makes it a little more obvious! Even at the direct link, you have to scroll half way down the page to locate it. Once I did find it, there were no directions and I was not sure how you voted. This section definitely needs more work.
- Remodel Sweepstakes: To help celebrate the remodeling of the site, HSN is offering a sweepstakes with a new grand prize every week! However, in order to enter you have to earn "tickets" through their reward store. Unless I use a site and product all the time, I usually pass at rewards programs. There are just so many of them out there that it makes life a little too confusing.
Summary: Many of the basic features seem to be quite positive. I was able to easily navigate through a shopping experience. Some work, however, needs to be done with some of the special features like "The 20". Although I am not a fan of rewards programs, I know plenty of people are but I could take or leave this feature. All in all, the site is fine for someone like me who will likely go on HSN to find something specific.
Win it here:a Rafflecopter giveaway
I will be provided with a gift card as compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.